If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This makes a great side dish. You've got the sweetness coming from both the leeks and the oranges, and the earthy nuttiness coming from the almonds. These mellow flavors are then contrasted beautifully with the sharp hints of the zests of lemons and mandarins, giving the dish more character :) - happyxbelly
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, lightly bashed
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 handful toasted almond flakes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Olive oil, for drizzling at the end
- Heat some oil in a pan, add your garlic cloves and lemon grass and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped leeks, juice and stock, cover with lid and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Add the zests of the citrus fruits and the almond flakes. Drizzle with some excellent extra virgin olive oil before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls