Author Notes: I came upon a beautiful head of cauliflower recently and thought I'd try roasting it and dressing it with an aioli like dressing. The result was amazing and offered a nice alternative to carb laden potato salad. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 servings
For the roasted cauliflower
- 1 nice size head cauliflower, broken into 1 to 2 inch florets
- 5 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toss around and then roast in a pre heated 425F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring around at the 15 minute mark. You want the cauliflower to be a little browned on the edges.
Dressing (make while the cauliflower is roasting) and putting it all together
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 large garlic clove finely minced or put through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- The roasted cauliflower
- Place the mayo, garlic, paprika, Dijon mustard and anchovy paste in the bowl of a mini food processor and start processing. Slowly drizzle in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the machine still running.
- Place the warm roasted cauliflower in a bowl, toss with the dressing and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side