If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Leeks are the perfect compliment to squash blossoms. I like to make this simple frittata for a late summer supper. Inspired by Julee Rosso's Great Good Food. - avimom
- 3 small leeks, washed, halved, and sliced into ribbons
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small, skinny zucchini, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 small carrots or parsnips, grated
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes, minced
- Saute all but the tomatoes briefly in hot olive oil, just until the leeks are golden and translucent. Mix in the tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Lightly oil a glass pie dish. Add the leek mixture and spread evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 7-8 squash blossoms, washed and dried, pistons and stems removed
- 1 handful fresh chives, minced
- Beat the eggs well and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the leek mixture in the pie dish.
- Arrange the blossom over the top of the eggs and leeks, pushing them down gently into the eggs, but not submerging them. Sprinkle chives over the top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until eggs are set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks