If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't eat cream but love leeks. This is a go-to soup at our house anyone can make. The boys like it too. Just don't call them leeks. It's potty humour. —[email protected]
- 2-3 Leeks, chopped and cleaned off
- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 19 oz can of white kidney beans
- Put the leeks in a largish saucepan with the chicken stock. If the stock doesn't cover the leeks, add some more stock or some water.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling until the leeks are soft.
- Remove from heat and add the can of beans, liquor and all.
- Zoom it all down with an immersion blender. You may need to add more stock or water to achieved the consistency you like.
- Taste for salt and pepper. The stock may already be salty and I like to wait until now for seasoning.
- Serve hot. Yum. Just don't call them leeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.