Author Notes: I don't eat cream but love leeks. This is a go-to soup at our house anyone can make. The boys like it too. Just don't call them leeks. It's potty humour. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2-3 Leeks, chopped and cleaned off
- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 19 oz can of white kidney beans
- Put the leeks in a largish saucepan with the chicken stock. If the stock doesn't cover the leeks, add some more stock or some water.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling until the leeks are soft.
- Remove from heat and add the can of beans, liquor and all.
- Zoom it all down with an immersion blender. You may need to add more stock or water to achieved the consistency you like.
- Taste for salt and pepper. The stock may already be salty and I like to wait until now for seasoning.
- Serve hot. Yum. Just don't call them leeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks