Author Notes: Cookie bake-off? These impossibly simple cowboy cookies are just what you need to take the win. Packed with oatmeal, pecans, chocolate chips and M&Ms, these cookies don't hold back. They’re a big, chewy, now-THAT'S-a-cookie kind of cookie. Like coconut? Add that, too. You can't go wrong with these babies. Mmm, yeehaw! - misslofox
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 3/4 cups M&Ms (mix things up by using seasonal variations, such as red and green for Christmas)
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix together using the back of a large spoon or your hands (I prefer using my hands).
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.