If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pumpkin soup tastes like all things autumn. I usually buy a fairly big one, cut it into pieces, roast them and make fresh pumpkin pancakes in the morning and this soup at night. It's tummy-filling and very flavorful. - amelinda
- 5 cups pumpkin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- Roast pumpkin at 375 degrees in a baking pan for approximately 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together sugar, spices and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and 1/2 of the spice mixture. Saute until fragrant.
- Add cooked pumpkin and chicken broth to pot. Mix well and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer ten minutes then blend.
- Taste for spice and add more mixture to taste. I used it all and it was strong, but still good. Use your own judgment though! Top with roasted pumpkin seeds (seen above, with smoked paprika) or a dollop of creme fraiche.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.