If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These ravioli are equally good with the lamb-tomato sauce I have provided a recipe for and with a good olive oil and crushed garlic. In the olive oil and garlic version, the flavor of the leeks is the primary taste. In the lamb-tomato sauce version, the leek compliments the lamb sauce. - clintonhillbilly
- 3 leeks, chopped finely
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- fresh pasta or ravioli wrappers
- good quality olive oil (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- a few drops of truffle oil (optional)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Make your favorite fresh pasta recipe. While dough is resting in the refrigerator, make the filling.
- In a skillet, heat butter. Add chopped leeks and sautee for several minutes, until soft. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine leeks, ricotta, egg, basil, and thyme. Grate nutmeg into mixture.
- If using fresh pasta, roll out by hand or with a pasta maker into 3-4 inch thick ribbons. On a pasta ribbon laid out on a cutting board or cookie sheet, place dollops of filing one and a half inches apart. The dollops should be somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon. Lay another pasta ribbon over the first and press down around the fillings to expel trapped air. Using a ravioli press or a knife, cut into square or round raviolis.
- Boil salted water. Cook ravioli for 5 minutes. Drain and dress with crushed garlic, a good quality olive oil, grated parmesan, and a few drops of truffle oil.
- 1/3 pound lamb stew meat
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- In a saucepan or deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions, garlic, and lamb. Brown lamb on all sides.
- Add crushed tomatoes, herbs, and seasoning. Simmer until lamb is soft, about an hour.
- Stir in cream.
- Spoon sauce over cooked ravioli and garnish with grated parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
Chou Family Potstickers
The legacy of a mother's recipe
Chou family potstickers.
Met Ball or meatball?
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.