If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a quick, simple & healthy lunch. You can even make these spring rolls ahead of time to pack for the go. At the beginning of the week I like to poach an entire organic chicken. I can used the meat throughout the week & use the broth for soups or for cooking rice. Just double the recipe if you want to do appetizers...& get people involved too.
The flavors here are nice and clean, I didn't feel like I needed a dipping sauce, although Jediah used plain tamari on the side. - we eat. happy.
Serves 2 for lunch
For the Spring Rolls
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups cooked organic chicken, shredded
- a mix of greens & herbs (I buy an organic mix from the grocery store)
- 4 scallions, cut in half & sliced lengthwise
- Soak each wrapper one at a time in some cold water. About 15 seconds each. On a clean surface, lay flat & then fold in half.
- Spread about 1 TBL of avocado, then add a bit of greens, a few shreds of chicken & a few scallions. Tightly roll by bringing one side over the filling & making sure you bring the bottom in too.
Creamy Ginger Avocado Spread
- 1 avocado, pitted & scooped into a small bowl
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a pinch of dried chili flakes
- Mash together in a bowl until smooth or achieved desired texture.