Author Notes: Here is a quick, simple & healthy lunch. You can even make these spring rolls ahead of time to pack for the go. At the beginning of the week I like to poach an entire organic chicken. I can used the meat throughout the week & use the broth for soups or for cooking rice. Just double the recipe if you want to do appetizers...& get people involved too.
The flavors here are nice and clean, I didn't feel like I needed a dipping sauce, although Jediah used plain tamari on the side. - we eat. happy.
Serves 2 for lunch
For the Spring Rolls
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups cooked organic chicken, shredded
- a mix of greens & herbs (I buy an organic mix from the grocery store)
- 4 scallions, cut in half & sliced lengthwise
- Soak each wrapper one at a time in some cold water. About 15 seconds each. On a clean surface, lay flat & then fold in half.
- Spread about 1 TBL of avocado, then add a bit of greens, a few shreds of chicken & a few scallions. Tightly roll by bringing one side over the filling & making sure you bring the bottom in too.
Creamy Ginger Avocado Spread
- 1 avocado, pitted & scooped into a small bowl
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a pinch of dried chili flakes
- Mash together in a bowl until smooth or achieved desired texture.