Author Notes: Use hazelnut oil instead of walnut, or if you want to get fancy, use truffle oil. - HeatherPierceG
Makes 1 serving
- 12 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- Trim off ends of Brussels sprouts and shred by slicing very thinly with a chef’s knife, a mandoline, or in your food processor. Transfer to a bowl and lightly salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium and saute the sprouts until colors turn bright and leaves get soft but not brown.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice.
- Lightly toast the walnuts in a dry skillet or toaster oven. Roughly chop.
- Drizzle sprouts with walnut oil and top with toasted walnuts. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.