If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: freshly baked blueberry, oat & buckwheat loaf! Did I mention it's also gluten, wheat, egg & dairy free? Not to mention vegan. - whatever's left
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 9 tablespoons boiling water
- 1.5 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 0.40 pounds potato starch
- 0.17 pounds tapioca flour
- 0.14 pounds arrow root
- 0.20 pounds buckwheat flour
- 0.13 pounds oat flour
- 0.75 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 0.15 pounds frozen, organic blueberries
- mix together the flaxseed meal & 9 tbs boiling water & let stand for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, you should notice that when you give it a stir, it has the same consistency as raw egg white.
- mix together the brown sugar, yeast & 4 tbs warm water & allow to activate for 10 minutes.
- in a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients & use a whisk to combine them thoroughly.
- once the flaxseed has become thick & the yeast has risen, combine the two mixtures together along with the rice milk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients & pour in the wet mixture as well as the blueberries. Mix the ingredients together until all the dry ingredients have been incorporated & the dough holds its shape. Form a ball with the dough, place it back in the bowl & set it in a warm place to rise for 3 hours.
- once the dough has risen, it is time to preheat your oven. Place your cloche inside the oven so it reaches the same temperature during the preheat & bring the temperature to 180C.
- once the oven is hot, make sure your dough is formed into the shape you want, slice an X into the top of it, lightly dust it with oat flour & place it under the cloche to bake for an 1.25 hours. Remove the cloche & continue to bake for another 30 minutes uncovered. You’ll know the bread is done because it will make a hollow sound when tapped.
- transfer your bread to a wire cooling rack to cool.