If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In an Asian fusion twist on the traditional Mexican Christmas salad, I've substituted Fuyu persimmons -- which are plentiful in the winter -- for the usual citrus slices. - HapaMama
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- 1/4 Red onion
- 1/2 Pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 bunch Butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar (Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar is nice)
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil and set aside.
- Peel persimmons and slice into thin wedges, or slide crosswise with a mandoline.
- Slice red onion into thin slivers.
- Wash and tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Compose salad by creating a bed of lettuce and arranging persimmons, onion and pomegranate seeds on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!