Author Notes: These cookies are just the things you need when a chocolate craving strikes! They’re also excellent cookies to use for making decadent ice cream sandwiches. - Maria Zizka
Makes 12 cookies
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Just as soon as most of the chocolate is shiny and smooth, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract. Slowly pour in the chocolate-butter mixture, and then add the flour mixture.
- Scoop 12 cookies onto the sheet pan, leaving 2 - 3 inches between each. Bake 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time. The cookies will be soft and chewy. Let them cool for a few minutes on the hot sheet pan.