If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are just the things you need when a chocolate craving strikes! They’re also excellent cookies to use for making decadent ice cream sandwiches. - Maria Zizka
Makes 12 cookies
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Just as soon as most of the chocolate is shiny and smooth, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract. Slowly pour in the chocolate-butter mixture, and then add the flour mixture.
- Scoop 12 cookies onto the sheet pan, leaving 2 - 3 inches between each. Bake 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time. The cookies will be soft and chewy. Let them cool for a few minutes on the hot sheet pan.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.