If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love green pepper but the normal green pepper steak, in my opinion, is overwhelming and I prefer to taste all the flavours of the food. So I make this green pepper sauce on the side, which allows you to taste both the steak and the green peppers. —Maria Teresa Jorge
Green pepper and brandy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons dry green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 4 thick fillet steaks
- coarse salt
- Black Pepper
- For the Pepper sauce: In a pan over moderate heat warm the olive oil. Add the dry green peppercorns and let them warm up (not fry) in the olive oil - they will change from green to a brownish colour but the taste won't change. Add the brandy, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, add the garlic clove and let simmer over low heat for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let infuse for 30 minutes.
- Cut the fillet steak about 1 1/4 inch thick and bring to room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven grill to 500ºF with the rack on the position nearest to the grill - it needs to pre-heat a minimum of 15 minutes to be really hot.
- Discard the garlic and warm up the green pepper sauce on very low heat.
- Put the broiler pan in the oven to get it hot.
- Just before putting the steaks in the broiler season with salt.
- Broil with the door of the oven slightly open otherwise it will cook the meat with the meat's humidity and it won't have the crispiness of a grilled steak. Depending on how you like your meat, cook for more or less time. Start checking after 5 minutes
- Have ready a cutting board and a good sharp knife.
- Turn the steak over to grill the other side and allow to cook. Remove from the grill, put on the cutting board and slice the steak. Put each sliced steak on the warmed serving plates.
- Drizzle the steak with the green pepper sauce and serve immediately. Serve with roast potatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broiled Steak
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.