If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Turns out persimmons and spiced gingerbread make quite the seasonal pair! This classic gingerbread loaf is transformed into something even more delightful with the addition of persimmons. —Becky Rosenthal
Makes 1 loaf
- 1/2 persimmon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat well. Add molasses and egg; beat well.
- Combine flour and next four ingredients; add to butter mixture alternatively with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mis at low speed after each addition.
- Pour batter into a lightly greases and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until wooden toothpick, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream and extra slices of persimmons.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.