If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes things that you hate have a funny way of growing on you in an addictive manner. Once I got over my unfortunate introduction to Hachiya persimmons (The first time I tasted it, bit into a bright colored but inedibly tannic fruit that put me off it for a long time), My first instinct was to incorporate it into a lassi since to me the flavor & texture was reminiscent of the ugly brown Sapota fruit (that we called 'Chikoo' in hindi) My mother would blend the odd overripe chickoo with fresh yogurt & lots of ice and serve it up as the perfect drink for a hot Mumbai Summer afternoon. I like to blend the pulp with yogurt and a touch of chai spice. - Panfusine
- 2 large really ripe Hachiya Persimmons
- 1 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chai spice blend (any blend of your choice)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- sugar as per taste
- I use this chai spice blend that I make at home, but feel free to use your personal pick. http://food52.com/recipes/15175_chai_spice_blend
- pop off the green leafy 'cap' of the persimmon and gently 'squeeze out the pulp into a blender jar. Combine the pulp with the yogurt, sugar, chai spice & crushed ice and blend until smooth.Pour out into glasses, add a mint leaf for garnish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.