If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While visiting my BFF's in D.C. last weekend, we saw some lovely bosc pears in the market and beautiful blood oranges. I bought them and decided to figure out what to do with them later. Leftover baguette from our appetizer and some fabulous cheese from union market inspired this dish. As a side note, I also had some scrumptions gruyere cheese on the side as well (my favorite) but most guests preferred the brie. Its up to you ;) The sweet and salty combination with fruit is my FAVORITE way to do sweets. - ChefFace
Roasted Pears and Brie
- 2 bosc pears (sliced into about 8 long pieces)
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground sea salt
- 1/2 wheel of brie
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a lightly greased baking sheet, spread pear slices, pour EVOO and sea salt over the top. Cook for approx. 5 minutes each side.
- Reduce heat to 375. Bake brie wheel for about 10 minutes or until it is slightly runny.
French Toast and Caramel Sauce
- 6 slices baguette
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided by tbsp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 blood orange (cut in half - half for juice, half for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, and cinnamon. Place bread slices in mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat 1st tbsp. butter in a skillet on medium high. Fry 2 pieces of bread for about 2 minutes each side, or until lightly browned. Set each piece on its own plate. Repeat twice with remaining bread and butter.
- Mix sugar and water and vanilla, heat on medium high in thick bottom sauce pan, stirring occasionally. Once it turns a nice caramel color, stir in blood orange juice , stirring quickly, and remove pan from heat.
- Each plate should start with piece of French toast, top with pears, drizze with caramel sauce. Serve with a small slice of brie and an orange slice.