Author Notes: This bread is sweet, moist, and positively addictive. It's a great way to use up those hachiya persimmons that need to be consumed right away. You can omit the nuts and it will still be delicious. - HalfPint
Makes 2 loaves
- 3.5 cups flour, all purpose or white whole wheat, or a combo of both
- 2 cups persimmon pulp or puree
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and coarse chopped
- 2 cups Craisins or raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter 2 loaf pans (1lb pans) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt. Stir well with a whisk to combine and break up any lumps.
- Mix in persimmons, eggs, and butter until well combined.
- Fold in Craisins or raisins and nuts.
- Divide among the pans and bake in a 350F oven for ~60 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick, which should come out clean. The bread will darken considerably by the time it is done.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it.