If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This bread is sweet, moist, and positively addictive. It's a great way to use up those hachiya persimmons that need to be consumed right away. You can omit the nuts and it will still be delicious. - HalfPint
Makes 2 loaves
- 3.5 cups flour, all purpose or white whole wheat, or a combo of both
- 2 cups persimmon pulp or puree
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and coarse chopped
- 2 cups Craisins or raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter 2 loaf pans (1lb pans) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt. Stir well with a whisk to combine and break up any lumps.
- Mix in persimmons, eggs, and butter until well combined.
- Fold in Craisins or raisins and nuts.
- Divide among the pans and bake in a 350F oven for ~60 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick, which should come out clean. The bread will darken considerably by the time it is done.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good