Author Notes: These are surprisingly tasty and filling pancakes. This recipe was created as I look for a low-gluten breakfast option using my existing pantry options.
Almond flour can be made by grind almonds in your food processor - be sure to stop before it turns to a paste. Oats can also be ground into oat flour but i usually buy it at the bulk barn. - reahpeah
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk + 1 teaspoon lemon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Combine dry ingredients together. set aside
- In a different bowl, add lemon juice to milk. Add in remaining wet ingredients and combined into dry. Do not overmix
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes - it will really thicken up.
- Cook pancakes over medium heat on a greased pan. Can serve with homemade nut butter.