Author Notes: It is a simple soup. Great after working a full day in the cold! - Janet Simon
- 1 sm. onion
- 1 small carrot (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14 1/2ounces each)
- 1 shotglass of Vodka
- 1 cup water
- 1 shot Vodka
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2/3 cups uncooked small spiral pasta
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- In a two-qt saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until onion is tender.
- add the broth, water, Vodka, and salt and pepper, bring to boil. Stir in beans and pasta, return to boil.
- reduce heat:cover and simmer for 15minutes.Or until pasta and veggies are tender.
- Stir occasionally. Add spinach.and heat through. Serve hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups