If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I seem to always be craving vegetables and one my favorite ways of consuming them is in a hot citrusy miso ramen. This dish is fresh, nutritious, and quick to make and is a tribute to my favorite authentic soups. The soup is also great the next day - just cook up a new pot of noodles, place them in the bottom of your bowl and pour heated soup over them. —Julia Stotz
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped (including green tops)
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups mushrooms (enokitake, shitake, cremini)
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth seasoning or Hondashi fish broth for authentic flavor
- 2 tablespoons shiro 'white' miso paste
- 1/2 cup dried nori seaweed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce/paste
- 1 packet noodles
- Heat sesame oil in soup pot. Saute ginger, garlic, and green onions till soft. Add bok choy and bean sprouts to pot and cook for 5 minutes, then add mushrooms and saute for a minute extra.
- Add the water to the pot and season with the Hondashi/or vegetable broth seasoning and miso paste. Bring pot to a boil, and then add the lemon, cilantro, and chili sauce to taste. Add seaweed to soup and still to help it hydrate and expand.
- In another pot, boil water, add the noodles, and cook till soft. (Ramen, wheat, rice, glass, or soba noodles are all good!) Drain noodle from water. Add noodles to bottom of serving bowls and pour soup broth and veggies on top. Sprinkle extra cilantro and green onions on top, spice as desired and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.