If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love spinach, salmon and pasta and thought this combo might make for a good soup. This recipe makes quite a large pot so feel free to cut the ingredients in half and make a smaller one. —inpatskitchen
Makes a large pot ( about 8 healthy servings )
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek,white and very light green part only, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups clam juice
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless salmon
- 9 to 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cream
- 6 ounces dry spinach fettucine, broken up a bit
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- In a large soup pot gently saute the leek and garlic in the butter until soft but not brown. Stir in the flour and white pepper and whisk over the heat for another minute or two.
- Add the clam juice, give everything a good stir and bring the broth up to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the broth is simmering, cut the salmon into 1 1/2 inch cubes and cook the fettuccine about one or two minutes shy of the package directions.
- Now everything comes together quickly. Add the salmon pieces and the cream to the simmering broth. Bring the pot back up to a simmer and stir in the spinach leaves and dill. Stir in the drained fettuccine and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Get your shine on.