If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Laksa is a Malaysian soup made with coconut milk, vegetables and assorted herbs. The chicken can be omitted for a tasty vegan alternative. It's a little on the spicy side, so if you can't handle heat, reduce the Sambal Oelek (chili paste) to 1/2 teaspoon. - ohyoucook
- 6-8 ounces (1/2 bag) thin egg noodles
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (regular or low-sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek (chili paste)
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 roasted chicken, skinned, boned and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (packed) cilantro leaves
- Boil the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse with a little cold water to (help) prevent sticking, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 4 quart or larger saucepan over a medium-high flame, add the coconut milk, chicken broth, 1 cup water, Sambal Oelek and carrot sticks. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; uncover and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add chicken and red pepper. Cook uncovered for another minute or two, until chicken is heated through.
- Divide noodles among 4 bowls. Top with bean sprouts, if desired. Ladle soup over both, and top with basil and cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.