If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fried Almond Butter and Banana Sandwich - inspired by The King (TCB). Can also make many and cut into quarters for party platter. —Michael Dergo
- 2 Medium/Thick cut pieces Potato Bread
- 1 Banana
- 4 Strips thick cut Smoked Bacon
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Honey
- Mash Banana in a bowl and mix in Cayenne Pepper and Honey. Set aside.
- Add Bacon to pan over medium heat; cook thoroughly but do not burn or cook to shriveling. (do not bake in oven for this particular recipe). Remove Bacon and place on paper towels. DO NOT remove bacon grease from pan.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Spread Banana mixture onto other side of one piece bread and Almond Butter on other side of other piece of bread. Place Bacon in the middle and put the pieces together.
- Bring pan up to medium high heat and place sandwich in the pan and cover. Flip after approximately 2 minutes and cook other side covered for same time. Remove and eat. (Almond Milk with a splash of cinnamon is a good accompanying beverage)
The New Food52 Office
A space that makes you want to come to work
The new Food52 office.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Yes, be in a pickle.