If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tuna sandwich done right. - Nicole Franzen
- 1 can of tuna (drained)
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 red onion (quick pickled)
- handful kalamata olives (pitted and quartered)
- handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 stalks of celery hearts (leaves reserved)
- sandwich roll
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- -In a bowl add the tuna, the zest of one lemon, juice of half, a tablespoon of capers, 2 tablespoons olive oil, pinch of sea salt & freshly ground pepper. Can sit for a couple hours before serving.
- -Thinly slice a quarter of a red onion and submerge in vinegar (red wine, white wine will do). At least 5 minutes, could be longer.
- -Half cherry tomatoes, add quartered olives, thinly sliced celery and celery leaves and toss to combine.
- -To build sandwich, place basil leaves along the bottom. Top with the tuna mixture, juices included, add a layer of the tomato mixture, then finish with some of the pickled red onion. Enjoy.