Author Notes: This spicy, sweet, and simple soup is brought to life by a thick ribbon of cashew cream. - Gena Hamshaw
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3/4 cups onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium small russet potato, quartered
- 1 1/4 pound carrots, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2/3 cups cashew cream, divided
- Saute the onions, celery, and ginger in oil in a medium sized pot until the onions are translucent (about ten minutes).
- Add the stock, carrots, potato, curry powder, and salt to the pot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, and then lower it to a simmer. Let the mix simmer for about twenty-five minutes, or until all of the carrots are nice and tender.
- When the carrots are tender, turn off the flame. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup completely. You may also use a blender for this step, but work in small batches and be mindful of spattering liquid.
- Transfer the blended soup back to your pot, and warm through. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cashew cream.
- To serve the soup, divide it into bowls and top with a swirl of additional cashew cream.