If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my variation on a myriad of other chocolate caramel slice recipes I have seen over the years, with a fool-proof thick caramel layer and the addition of coconut for a little extra texture and flavor - although you can make it without. My Mum used to make something similar when I was growing up we fondly called 'goo cake' - my one has all of the 'goo' you could possibly want! - From The Kitchen
Makes 25 pieces
- 250 grams butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup good quality dark cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 400g caramel sweetened condensed milk
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180?C (350?F).
- Line the base and sides of a 28 x 21cm (or similar) slice tin with baking paper.
- In a big bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale and soft
- Add cocoa, flour, baking powder and coconut, and mix well.
- Press 3/4 of the mix into the tin and smooth firmly with the back of a tablespoon. Pop in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
- Mix condensed milk, caramel, butter and golden syrup in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate while you do the dishes!
- Pour caramel mix over base and sprinkle over remaining base mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool, slice in tin, then hide it in the cupboard - don't say I didn't warn you!
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.