If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Vegan Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili recipe is a cooking checklist dream come true. Healthy? Yes. Cheap? You got it. Full of items most likely already stocked in your kitchen? Uh-huh. One-pot wonder? Done. Under 30-minutes? Yup. Freezer-friendly? For sure. Filling, flavorful, hearty, wholesome? Each more than the last. And last but not least (because I am running out of different ways to say the affirmative), it's absolutely delicious.
A true "pantry" dish, over half the ingredients are kitchen staples; the four fresh ingredients - KvellintheKitchen
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, with juice
- 32 ounces (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- salt & pepper to taste
- avocado, cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until soft and translucent, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cocoa powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and sweet potatoes; season with salt & pepper. Raise heat to bring to a boil, and add quinoa.
- Turn heat down to low, and continue cooking for about 20 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked through, stirring every 5 minutes. Add additional salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with avocado and chopped cilantro, or other desired garnishes.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.