If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are soft, pillowy and just chocolatey enough. They're best when eaten within three days of being baked.
*We ate about half the batter before baking it, so I suspect this recipe makes about two dozen cookies if you don’t. :) - em-i-lis
Makes about two dozen*
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 good sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted or quite soft
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli because they're flatter than other brands)
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 (I used my convection setting) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the eggs and butter and, using a hand mixer, beat until well combined. Then gently beat in the vanilla and milk. Stir in, by hand, the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop rounded balls of batter (1 – 1.5 T) onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes until just done.