Author Notes: These are soft, pillowy and just chocolatey enough. They're best when eaten within three days of being baked.
*We ate about half the batter before baking it, so I suspect this recipe makes about two dozen cookies if you don’t. :) - em-i-lis
Makes about two dozen*
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 good sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted or quite soft
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli because they're flatter than other brands)
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 (I used my convection setting) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the eggs and butter and, using a hand mixer, beat until well combined. Then gently beat in the vanilla and milk. Stir in, by hand, the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop rounded balls of batter (1 – 1.5 T) onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes until just done.