If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3/4 cup cream (200 ml)
- 4 eggs
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- A few slices of toasted baguette bread (or any bread you like)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to a soft boil, simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and mix well. Set aside.
- Rub garlic in the base of the cocotte (keep remaining garlic for the bread). Pour the hot cream in the cocotte, and break the eggs one by one into the cream. Place a sprig of thyme, add black pepper and cook uncovered in a preheated oven for approximately 8 minutes. The eggs should not be overcooked and slightly runny.
- Rub toasted baguette bread with the remaining garlic clove. Serve with eggs immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!