Author Notes: This is a fragrant and refreshing pudding, a perfect palate cleanser after a rib sticking winter stew but also at home as a quencher during the summer heat. I serve it in small glasses as the amber crystals deserve to be shown off. - Anna May
- 250 milliliters Tea, freshly brewed and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounce Caster sugar
- Dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice over a low heat and then mix with the tea. Strain into a plastic container with a lid.
- Freeze for 3 hours and then mix well, breaking up the crystals around the edge and mixing with the slushy centre. Freeze for a further 2 hours and repeat the mixing.
- When ready to serve scratch up the granita with a fork and serve in small glasses. If you have made ahead and it has frozen solid then put in the fridge for 30 minutes to soften a little before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea