If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I absolutely love tea, especially chai tea. So, when I came across this coconut chai tea at World Market I knew I just had to try it! Coconut and chai...two of my favorite things come together in a subtly sweet and fluffy, warm, homey, and delicious pancake. They are also paleo and gluten-free so all can enjoy. I suggest topping with your favorite preserves, a drizzle of homemade coconut butter, maple syrup, or butter! - misschels
- 2 bags of coconut chai tea (i used zhena's gypsy tea brand)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, the kind in a carton, not a can
- 4 large eggs, or 1 c. egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons pure Mexican vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet granulated Stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Place the milk and the tea bags in a small sauce pan. Heat over low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Press the tea bags against the saucepan to squeeze all of the extra tea from the bag. Discard tea bags.
- Let the coconut milk cool, then, once cool, combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, stevia, and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in the coconut.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grease the skillet with cooking spray.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the batter by rounded tablespoons into the skillet.
- Let the pancakes cook for about 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and let cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate to cool while you finish the rest.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.