If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You cannot believe how simple phylo dough can be transformed into delicious little treats in a moment! —Culinary Flavors
For the Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup prepared vanilla tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a medium pot put all ingredients except the vanilla extract and bring to boil.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and then turn off the fire.
- Pour the vanilla extract.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and start throwing the kourkoubínia in batches, letting them 1 minute per batch.
- Remove and let them cool for couple of minutes.
- You can eat them like this or sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon.
For the Kourkoubinia
- 6 phylo sheets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Take one phyllo sheet. The short side should be close to you.
- Brush with oil. Not very much.
- Brush a strip of water at the very end of the short side of the phyllo that is further from you.
- Put the second sheet on top.
- Again brush with oil.
- Again brush a strip of water at the very end of the short side of the phyllo that is further from you.
- Take the side that is close to you and fold so as its edge to go couple of inches before the water strip.
- Then start to roll the kourkoubínia.
- Do the same with the rest of the sheets.
- In the end you will have 3 logs.
- Cut them in pieces two thumbs long.
- Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put the two cups of oil in high heat.
- Take them out of the fridge and fry them in batches until they are golden brown.
- Remove and drain from the excessive oil.
- Let them cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
More Great Recipes: Desserts