Author Notes: You cannot believe how simple phylo dough can be transformed into delicious little treats in a moment! - Culinary Flavors
For the Syrup
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup prepared vanilla tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a medium pot put all ingredients except the vanilla extract and bring to boil.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and then turn off the fire.
- Pour the vanilla extract.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and start throwing the kourkoubínia in batches, letting them 1 minute per batch.
- Remove and let them cool for couple of minutes.
- You can eat them like this or sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon.
For the Kourkoubinia
- 6 phylo sheets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Take one phyllo sheet. The short side should be close to you.
- Brush with oil. Not very much.
- Brush a strip of water at the very end of the short side of the phyllo that is further from you.
- Put the second sheet on top.
- Again brush with oil.
- Again brush a strip of water at the very end of the short side of the phyllo that is further from you.
- Take the side that is close to you and fold so as its edge to go couple of inches before the water strip.
- Then start to roll the kourkoubínia.
- Do the same with the rest of the sheets.
- In the end you will have 3 logs.
- Cut them in pieces two thumbs long.
- Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put the two cups of oil in high heat.
- Take them out of the fridge and fry them in batches until they are golden brown.
- Remove and drain from the excessive oil.
- Let them cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea