Author Notes: Light and refreshing gelato using corn starch as a stabilizer instead of eggs. This makes it super-easy to make. Best when soft-serve - HeartBellyAndSoul
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cups Half & Half
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- Heat 3 tablespoons of water in microwave for about 30 seconds. Dissolve the green tea powder into the water.
- In a small bowl, reserve 2-3 tablespoons of the milk. Add the corn starch and whisk until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk, milk and half & half, sugar and honey over medium low heat stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes, just to a simmer. Add the corn starch slurry and continue to slowly simmer for another 3-4 minutes to thicken. Add the green tea mixture. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the almond extract and 2 pinches of salt. Transfer the mixture into a container and refrigerate for several hours.
- Freeze using an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer directions, and then continue to freeze in the freezer. This is best served while soft-serve. Top with toasted almonds if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea