If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Light and refreshing gelato using corn starch as a stabilizer instead of eggs. This makes it super-easy to make. Best when soft-serve —HeartBellyAndSoul
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Half & Half
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- Heat 3 tablespoons of water in microwave for about 30 seconds. Dissolve the green tea powder into the water.
- In a small bowl, reserve 2-3 tablespoons of the milk. Add the corn starch and whisk until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk, milk and half & half, sugar and honey over medium low heat stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes, just to a simmer. Add the corn starch slurry and continue to slowly simmer for another 3-4 minutes to thicken. Add the green tea mixture. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the almond extract and 2 pinches of salt. Transfer the mixture into a container and refrigerate for several hours.
- Freeze using an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer directions, and then continue to freeze in the freezer. This is best served while soft-serve. Top with toasted almonds if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.