If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An adaptation of an Almond Biscotti Recipe by Lela Rose (InStyle Magazine March 2013). The original recipe was a bit bland and the roasted rice flavor of the Matcha Tea powder adds a nutty, sweet and savory component that it was lacking. I have omitted the Almonds all together. The Biscotti are dipped in a white chocolate coating for sweetness.
Matcha tea has many health benefits as well as just tasting delicious.
Enjoy the different take on a traditional Biscotti - Tobi Ann Ewalt
Makes 2 dozen
- 2 cups Organic sugar
- 3 tablespoons U Matcha Roasted Rice Tea Powder
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups White chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine Sugar, Matcha Powder, flour and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl. Make sure all the dry ingredients are well mixed.
- Crack the eggs into the dry mixture and knead into a dough.
- Split the dough into 2 balls; place each ball on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press the dough, by hand (dusting your hands with flour will help with this part), into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle; repeat for second dough ball.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove the Biscotti from the oven and slice the dough into long 3/4 inch wide strips.
- Turn them on their sides and return to the oven for another 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler until creamy (The microwave will also work, but use a microwave safe bowl and stir the chocolate every 30 seconds so it does not burn.)
- Dip the ends or sides of the cooled biscotti into the white chocolate
- Allow the coated biscotti to cool and harden on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Enjoy with your morning tea or as a late afternoon pick me up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.