Author Notes: Hearty beef stew that's perfect for a cold winter day. You can modify the amount of garlic depending on your taste, but my crowd usually favors a strong garlicky flavor. I also add in some extra carrots just because. - Meira Kitani
- 3 pounds Beef shank and/or Beef sirloin
- 2 Turnips, peeled, stems removed
- 2 potatoes
- 2 Carrots, washed
- 1 Parsnip
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 1 sprig Parsley
- Peeled garlic cloves, to taste
- 1 Celery stick
- 8 cups Beef stock
- 1 garlic bouillon cube
- Wash the beef and place on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Wash the turnips, potatoes, parsnip, carrots, onion, and celery stick and place them in the crock pot on top of the meat. Add the parsley as well.
- Pour stock over the vegetables and meat, then add the bouillon cube and garlic cloves.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours
- Stir the vegetables on the top and make sure the meat shreds a little bit.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with dinner rolls or rice.