If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hearty beef stew that's perfect for a cold winter day. You can modify the amount of garlic depending on your taste, but my crowd usually favors a strong garlicky flavor. I also add in some extra carrots just because. —Meira Kitani
- 3 pounds Beef shank and/or Beef sirloin
- 2 Turnips, peeled, stems removed
- 2 potatoes
- 2 Carrots, washed
- 1 Parsnip
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 1 sprig Parsley
- Peeled garlic cloves, to taste
- 1 Celery stick
- 8 cups Beef stock
- 1 garlic bouillon cube
- Wash the beef and place on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Wash the turnips, potatoes, parsnip, carrots, onion, and celery stick and place them in the crock pot on top of the meat. Add the parsley as well.
- Pour stock over the vegetables and meat, then add the bouillon cube and garlic cloves.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours
- Stir the vegetables on the top and make sure the meat shreds a little bit.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with dinner rolls or rice.
Cut to the Chase
How to take care of your cutting boards
Take care of your cutting boards.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Get your shine on.