Author Notes: Pasta is cheap. Cauliflower is cheaper. Put them together and what do you get? A really delicious dinner on the cheap that will satisfy your soul on a winter's night. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 head of cauliflower, or 2/3 of a large head of cauliflower
- 1 small package chevre OR flesh of 1 medium avocado (to make this dish VEGAN)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 tbsp soy free veganaise
- 2 tsp kelp flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Steam or boil the cauliflower in salted water until it is soft. Strain but do not rinse.
- Using a food processor, blend the hot cauliflower and all other ingredients (only 1 tsp kelp flakes) together until a smooth sauce forms.
- Taste. Adjust seasoning to your personal taste. Serve immediately over pasta or whatever else you enjoy cream sauce on. Top with remaining 1 tsp kelp flakes and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast