If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pasta is cheap. Cauliflower is cheaper. Put them together and what do you get? A really delicious dinner on the cheap that will satisfy your soul on a winter's night. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 head of cauliflower, or 2/3 of a large head of cauliflower
- 1 small package chevre OR flesh of 1 medium avocado (to make this dish VEGAN)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 tbsp soy free veganaise
- 2 tsp kelp flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Steam or boil the cauliflower in salted water until it is soft. Strain but do not rinse.
- Using a food processor, blend the hot cauliflower and all other ingredients (only 1 tsp kelp flakes) together until a smooth sauce forms.
- Taste. Adjust seasoning to your personal taste. Serve immediately over pasta or whatever else you enjoy cream sauce on. Top with remaining 1 tsp kelp flakes and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.