Author Notes: In winter the soul craves a bowl of warm soup this soup, was inspired by the snow falling and the need to dig up some roots before being covered over by mounds of snow. - tender root
Carrots, Ginger, Onions, Garlic and stock of choice
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic grated
- 1 nub grated Ginger
- 2 pinches Salt and Pepper
- 1 quart Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 5 Carrots
Roasted shredded Beets, Carrots and Shallots
- Saute chopped onions, garlic, carrots and ginger in a heavy bottomed pot with 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil let melt together low and slow until cooked through.
- Cover with Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock and simmer
- After contents becomes soft emersion blend till smooth
- Peel and cut into strips or match sticks carrots, beets, onions and shallots let roast in 375 degree oven for 45 to 60 min. until carmelized.
- Make your favorite rice...ours is Brown Jasmine Rice cook as directed with Coconut milk instead of water. and serve in soup or as a side with roasted vegetables
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast