If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In winter the soul craves a bowl of warm soup this soup, was inspired by the snow falling and the need to dig up some roots before being covered over by mounds of snow. - tender root
Carrots, Ginger, Onions, Garlic and stock of choice
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic grated
- 1 nub grated Ginger
- 2 pinches Salt and Pepper
- 1 quart Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 5 Carrots
Roasted shredded Beets, Carrots and Shallots
- Saute chopped onions, garlic, carrots and ginger in a heavy bottomed pot with 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil let melt together low and slow until cooked through.
- Cover with Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock and simmer
- After contents becomes soft emersion blend till smooth
- Peel and cut into strips or match sticks carrots, beets, onions and shallots let roast in 375 degree oven for 45 to 60 min. until carmelized.
- Make your favorite rice...ours is Brown Jasmine Rice cook as directed with Coconut milk instead of water. and serve in soup or as a side with roasted vegetables
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.