Author Notes: A quick vegetarian supper. I saved time by microwaving the squash but would be even better roasted. It's surprisingly tasty! - reahpeah
- 1 Acorn Squash, cooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- dash mustard seeds, turmeric, cinnamon, chili flakes, madras curry powder
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 cups stock
- 2 cups chickpea rinsed
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond oil (or toasted sesame oil)
- 2-3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons pecan halves, toasted
- Cook squash in microwave until soft (7-10 minutes). In a large pot on medium heat, add onions and spices, and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic.
- Add squash, kale and stock. Stew for 10-15 minutes covered. Puree with a hand immersion blender. Turn down to low and add chickpeas. Cook another 10-15 minutes until chickpeas are soften and kitchen smells good. Serve with plain yogurt and toasted pecans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast