If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flanken cut short ribs are wonderful for a hands on feast. They are cheap and quick and very easy to cook. The flavor profile of this recipe is similar to bbq that I enjoyed in Argentina.
Serves 8 (allow 1 pound per person)
- 1/2 cup porcini powder, made by grinding dried porcini in a spice grinder
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 8 pounds flanken cut short ribs, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup PORCINI RUB
- 4 limes, cut in half
- Ask you butcher to cut the flanken ribs about 1/2 inch thick
- Make a smooth paste of the peeled garlic cloves using a mortar and pestle. Using your hands, smear the garlic paste all over the ribs.
- Sprinkle Porcini rub over the ribs and smear into the garlic paste which will act like glue.
- Prepare a medium hot grill. Grill the ribs about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Watch that the ribs are a little charred but not burned. (they cook fast!)
- Also grill the limes, cut side down.
- Serve with a half lime to squeeze over the ribs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!