Author Notes: I realize homemade Baileys may be too rich or too silly for some, but my friends live for a small nip at the holiday season. As guests left my home last year, I sent them packing with hugs and little glass bottles filled with well-chilled homemade Baileys, tied with brown ribbon. When they finally do get out of the cold and into their warm homes, an ice cold glass of this good stuff always warms them up quickly. - eatboutique
Makes 1 quart
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup good whiskey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment (as I did, my blender is on the fritz).
- Store in the back of your refrigerator, where it’s the coldest. Shake before serving, and serve over a cube of ice. This will keep for 4-6 weeks.
- Ingredient notes: I always use farm fresh eggs when I'm making something that isn't cooked in some way. I used homemade vanilla extract and a delicious organic chocolate syrup from Trader Joe's. I keep instant coffee in my freezer when I need an instant kick to chocolate goodies, or this recipe; my chosen brand is organic and decaf. Choosing whiskey is a very personal decision, but I use the good stuff. This batch of Baileys had Basil Haden's Bourbon Whiskey in it, but I heartily recommend using a good Irish Whiskey like Bushmills. Mmm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift