If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this restaurant by my place called Joan's on Third. I find myself trying to recreate their dishes all of the time. This is one attempt. These green beans and snow peas are covered in a sweet and spicy hoisin sauce. Delicious! - Megan Mitchell
For the vegetables
- 1 pound haricot verts
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 red jalapeno, seeds removed and finely minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes, until tender crisp and then immediately shock in ice water. Blanch and shock the snow peas, 1-2 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with the minced jalapeno and green onions.
- In a small bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients. Mix well. Pour over green beans mixture. Toss to combine.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to let the flavors meld.
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns