If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fabulously crafty friend shared this recipe with me last year and it’s now my go-to toffee recipe. It’s ridiculously easy and ridiculously loaded with butter, both in a good way. I pile pieces in clear plastic bags and tie with a ribbon. - eatboutique
Serves 24 squares
- 12 graham crackers broken into halves sections (or 24 squares)
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or pistachios)
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll or cookie sheet (with low sides) with aluminum foil. Place the crackers in the pan, with their sides touching.
- Over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar and simmer (not boil) about 10 minutes until it melts, occasionally stirring.
- Pour the butter-sugar mixture over the crackers and spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Cool & separate onto aluminum foil.
- Over low heat melt the chocolate chips and stir in milk. Top crackers with ribbons of melted chocolate by dribbling off a spoon. Add more milk if the chocolate is too thick to form a ribbon.
- Once totally cool (2-4 hours), package and give away to friends!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Lettuce love vegetables.
This is poppin'.