If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a delicious veggie burger that kids will also love? These are packed with vegetables and make for a tasty, healthy lunch. —Tony Bailey
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/3 cup Frozen Spinach
- 1/3 cup Frozen Broccoli
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Red Pepper (Chopped)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Herbs (Basil, Cilantro or Parsley)
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Let this cool before you work it into the rest of the dish.
- Cook the frozen spinach and broccoli according to package instructions. Then drain them and place them in a food processor with the garlic and red pepper and pulse until they are chopped thoroughly.
- Note: What you want is a sort of batter that you can press into patties that isn’t too wet and sticky, but also doesn’t fall apart. Add in more breadcrumbs as necessary to find this balance.
- When the burger mix is ready, take a handful and roll it into a round that’s a little larger than a golf ball but smaller than a racket ball. Place each onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and gently press into slider shape. Leave them thicker than you want the finished product to be as you’ll press them a bit more once they cook. Ideally you should refrigerate them for at least half an hour so they set nicely.
- Bring a large skillet up to medium high heat and add a small amount of olive oil. Place the sliders into the skillet and gently press them down. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until browned and crispy. Remember that you’re using raw eggs, so they need to be cooked all the way through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).