Author Notes: This is my best & cheapiest recipe that will serve a crowd and gosh darn delicious. Don't be afraid of the mystery meat in the can. I happen to love spam and it's the National Meat of Hawaii. Take a little walk on the wild side and try out my fried rice recipe. You won't be disappointed. - Sherri Williams
Serves a large crowd
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4 ounces bacon, uncooked (cut in pieces)
- 1 can spam, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3/4 cups frozen green peas & carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, shelled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, toasted
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked & cooled
- 1 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 3 green onions stalks, chopped
- In a large heated wok, add 1 TBSP peanut oil and whisked egg. Scramble for 30 seconds until cooked. Remove from wok.
- Add bacon and remaining penut oil to wok fry until bacon almost done.. Add spam and continue to fry until bacon is crispy and spam is golden brown.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to wok and stir-fry until onion are almost translucent. Add rice to wok. Carefully stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add peas & carrots, edamame, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until veggies are warmed through. Add egg back to wok with green onions. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until everything is combined well..plate up and enjoy!