If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pancakes for dinner? Why not! As I eat grain-free, these delicious pancakes taste just like old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes. When I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I searched for a tasty pancake, but without the carbs, and finally have come up with this recipe! They are full of protein and flavor and can be ready to eat in just about 10 minutes. With this basic pancakes you could add bananas, chocolate chips, or other fresh fruit. —Caroline Potter
Makes 16 pancakes
- 3/4 cup plain kefir or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix kefir or buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla with a hand blender for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, sift together almond flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, with hand mixer.
- Spoon pancake mix onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Add blueberries (5-6 per pancake), flip and serve.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, or yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.