If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This power-packed breakfast encompasses every awesome breakfast meal in one.
Fresh fruit & yogurt, oatmeal, and dried fruit & nut granola are all stewed together to create a creamy, delicious breakfast bowl sprinkled with crunchy bites of fruit and nuts. Because it is packed with so much energy—whole grain oats, protein-full yogurt, and filling nuts & fruit make a great start to the day—this amazing bowl of yumminess is also totally refreshing for a mid-afternoon power snack. I have to confess, sometimes when my sweet tooth is acting up, I even make it for dinner!
Feel free to take liberties with ingredient proportions and substitutions. Don’t love almonds? Try pecans or walnuts instead. Not into raisins? Swap for dried apricots or dates.
There are a few ways to combine the orange juice and oats. One is to soak the oats in OJ for at least an hour (or overnight). For an added crunch, lightly toast the oats and nuts pre-soak. If you want a smoother muesli, more like a porridge, you can cook the oats in the orange juice: add half a cup of water, and microwave on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Because this recipe is really sweet, feel free to eliminate the honey, dilute the orange juice, or half the dried fruit to cut down on sugar. I hope you enjoy this treat from down under as much as I do! - KvellintheKitchen
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 apple, diced (I like gala or Jonagold)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- generous sprinkling cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Prepare oats (soak in orange juice for 1 hour, or cook in microwave per instructions above).
- In a large bowl, combine diced apple, raisins, yogurt , honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add oats. Mix thoroughly, and adjust ingredients per taste-test.
- Sprinkle mixture with almonds, and enjoy!