If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish always brings back memories of New Orleans road trips. It's comforting, yet humble and sophisticated. - mtlabor
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 large smoked sausages, cut into slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cans chili beans with chili sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Start with your rice. Add rice and chicken stock to medium pot and cook under medium heat, or according to package directions.
- In a large skillet under medium high heat, add sausage, onion, and celery. Cook until sausage starts to brown and onion and celery soften, about 5 minutes. These three ingredients I think really bring a whole lot of flavor to the dish and I wouldn't recommend substituting them or leaving them out.
- Stir in both cans of beans and tomatoes. Then add enough Cajun seasoning to your liking. Lower the heat a tad, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- By then, your rice is probably done or close to it, so uncover bean mixture and stir in rice. Heat entire mixture until hot all the way through. Serve hot on a plate and dig in!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans
Cook like an Egyptian
There's no de-Nile-ing this one-pot wonder.
Cook like an Egyptian.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We loaf this lunch.
Caesar salad goes vegan.
This is poppin'.