If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was in the farm shop yesterday and spotted some cavalo nero, that beautiful dark green Tuscan kale and it reminded me of a regular lunch last winter - kale, mushrooms and chilli on sourdough toast. As ever with kale you feel this is really doing you good, the chilli adds further pep. Cheap and delicious, a rewarding result. - Anna May
Serves 2 but easily doubled
- 2 handfuls of kale or cavolo nero
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 slices robust bread, ideally sourdough, toasted
- Olive Oil
- Put a tablespoon of oil into a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and a little coloured. Add the garlic and chilli, stir and then put in the kale.
- Continue stirring until the kale wilts a little, put the slices of toast onto two plates and divide the kale and mushrooms between them. Season well with sea salt and pepper and a final, generous trickle of really good extra virgin olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
The Power of the Punch Bowl
Garnish at your own risk.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Refined at Age Five
That was a close shave.