If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I usually have to feed 3 to 4 hungry guys at a time. This recipe takes less than an hour, and it's cheap to make and keeps them full. —Renee Hagens
- 1 14.5oz can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 6 flour tortillas
- Start by cooking rice as directed-boil, drain, set aside.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in pan with onion, garlic, red pepper, saute on medium heat for 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, jalapeno, black beans, vegetable stock, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, and sea salt. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally
- Add cooked rice to mixture, turn off heat, stir well
- Heat flour tortilla in microwave for 10 seconds until warm, then spoon bean mixture in center. Roll into a burrito and place on baking sheet. Place in oven on 400F for 20 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Organized spice drawer: check.
A better basket.