If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's something about spring. Maybe it's the sunshine, the emergence from winter, the blooming flowers... or maybe it's the asparagus. I get giddy when these little guys arrive (US-grown & organic) on the produce shelves. I use them any which way I can, but this is definitely a crowd-pleaser, perfect for weekend brunch, or even an elegant weekday breakfast. Easy to double or even triple for entertaining. - alliemarie
- 1/2 pound organic asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 eggs (or more if you're hungry)
- one pinch Flower of the Ocean sea salt
- one pinch red pepper flakes
- one splash extra virgin olive oil (a lemon or pepper-infused oil makes a great addition, too)
- 2 slices of crusty bread (if you're in SF, reach for Acme Olive Bread- the saltiness is a perfect pairing)
- Fill a medium saucepan to the rim with water and set on high
- Heat olive oil in a pan at medium heat. Add asparagus and sautée, tossing regularly, for about 10 minutes (or until tender)
- When water is at a rolling boil, crack and add eggs right at the surface so they tumble into the water in one piece. Cover and remove from heat. Set a timer for 3-4 minutes (depending on how runny you like the yolk)
- Toast bread slices
- Check doneness of asparagus with a fork. If they pierce easily, asparagus are done. Arrange 4-5 stems per plate
- When done, remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon. Set atop asparagus, season with pepper flakes and salt. Serve with toast
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.